Beef and Mushroom Stroganoff Full Recipe
- 1 pound (450g) beef sirloin or tenderloin, thinly sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces (225g) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces (225g) egg noodles or pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sliced beef and cook until it’s browned on all sides. Remove the beef from the skillet and set it aside.
- In the same skillet, add a little more oil if needed. Add the chopped onion and sauté until it becomes translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the minced garlic and sliced mushrooms. Cook for another 5-7 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and have released their moisture.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mushroom mixture and stir well to combine. Cook for a minute or so to remove the raw flour taste.
- Pour in the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, and Dijon mustard. Stir to combine all the ingredients. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for about 5 minutes, or until it thickens slightly.
- Return the cooked beef to the skillet and simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the beef is heated through.
- Reduce the heat to low, and then gently fold in the sour cream. Make sure not to boil the mixture after adding the sour cream, as it can curdle. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve the beef and mushroom stroganoff over cooked egg noodles or pasta.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley before serving.