Best Homemade Pancake Recipe | Pancake Recipe
Pancakes are a beloved breakfast classic enjoyed by people of all ages. They’re simple to make and even simpler to devour. In this comprehensive pancake recipe, we’ll guide you through the process of creating the perfect, fluffy pancakes that will have your family and friends coming back for more.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Butter or cooking oil for the pan
1. Mix Dry Ingredients: Start by mixing the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Combine 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Whisk these ingredients together until they’re well incorporated. The baking powder and baking soda are essential for giving the pancakes their light and airy texture.
2. Prepare Wet Ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 cup of buttermilk, 1/4 cup of whole milk, 1 large egg, 2 tablespoons of melted unsalted butter, and 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract. Buttermilk adds a delightful tanginess and fluffiness to the pancakes, while melted butter contributes a rich, buttery flavor.
3. Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients: Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture. Gently stir the two mixtures together until just combined. Be cautious not to overmix, as this can make the pancakes tough. It’s perfectly fine if there are a few lumps in the batter.
4. Preheat the Griddle or Pan: Preheat a griddle or non-stick skillet over medium heat. You can add a little butter or cooking oil to prevent the pancakes from sticking.
5. Ladle the Batter: Use a ladle or measuring cup to scoop out the pancake batter and pour it onto the preheated griddle. The size of the pancakes is a matter of personal preference; you can make them small or large. Allow the pancakes to spread naturally into rounds.
6. Cook Until Bubbles Form: As the pancakes cook, you’ll notice small bubbles forming on the surface. This is an indicator that it’s time to flip the pancakes. It usually takes about 2-3 minutes per side, but keep an eye on the color, and flip when they’re golden brown.
7. Flip and Cook the Other Side: Carefully flip each pancake with a spatula. The second side will cook more quickly than the first, so it usually takes about 1-2 minutes. The key is to get a beautiful golden color on both sides.
8. Keep Warm: If you’re making a batch of pancakes, you can keep them warm in a 200°F (93°C) oven on a baking sheet while you cook the rest. This ensures they’re all served warm and together.
9. Serve and Enjoy: Once your pancakes are cooked to perfection, it’s time to serve them. You can add a pat of butter, a drizzle of maple syrup, or your favorite toppings like fresh berries, sliced bananas, or a dollop of whipped cream. The possibilities are endless!
10. Experiment and Customize: Pancakes are highly versatile and can be customized to your liking. You can add blueberries, chocolate chips, or chopped nuts to the batter for a unique twist. You can also experiment with different syrups, jams, or even a dusting of powdered sugar.
11. Tips for Perfect Pancakes:
- Use a hot griddle or skillet for even cooking.
- Don’t overmix the batter; a few lumps are okay.
- Allow the batter to rest for a few minutes before cooking; this helps with fluffiness.
- Keep an eye on the bubbles and color to flip at the right time.
- Serve pancakes immediately while they’re warm and fresh.
Pancakes are a versatile canvas for your creativity and taste. Whether you enjoy them with traditional maple syrup or explore with exciting toppings, these fluffy pancakes are bound to make your mornings extra special. Enjoy your homemade breakfast masterpiece!