Red lobster shrimp scampi recipe
Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional, for heat)
- Cooked linguine or spaghetti, for serving
1. Prepare Shrimp:
- Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
2. Sauté Shrimp:
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp and cook for about 1-2 minutes per side until they turn pink and opaque. Remove the cooked shrimp from the skillet and set them aside.
3. Make the Scampi Sauce:
- In the same skillet, add the minced garlic and sauté for about 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add the white wine, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes (if using). Allow the mixture to simmer for a few minutes to reduce slightly.
4. Finish the Dish:
- Reduce the heat to low and add the butter to the skillet. Stir until the butter is melted and the sauce thickens slightly.
- Return the cooked shrimp to the skillet and cook for another minute to heat through.
- Stir in chopped fresh parsley and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve the shrimp scampi over cooked linguine or spaghetti. Garnish with extra fresh parsley and lemon wedges if desired.