Homemade Meatball Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (for frying)
1. Prepare the Meat Mixture:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef and ground pork.
- Add breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, and milk to the meat mixture.
- Add finely chopped onion, minced garlic, and fresh parsley.
- Crack an egg into the mixture.
- Season with salt, black pepper, dried oregano, dried basil, and red pepper flakes if you want some heat.
2. Mix the Ingredients:
- Gently mix all the ingredients together until well combined. Be careful not to overmix, as this can make the meatballs tough.
3. Shape the Meatballs:
- Take a small amount of the mixture and roll it into a ball, usually around 1.5 inches in diameter. Repeat until all the mixture is used up.
4. Heat the Olive Oil:
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
5. Cook the Meatballs:
- Carefully place the meatballs in the hot oil and cook them for about 5-7 minutes, turning them to ensure they brown evenly on all sides.
6. Finish Cooking:
- Once the meatballs are browned, you can finish cooking them in your favorite tomato sauce. Simply transfer the browned meatballs to the sauce, cover, and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until they are cooked through.
- Your homemade meatballs are now ready to be served! They are delicious over spaghetti, in a meatball sub, or alongside some crusty bread.