chicken salad recipe
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup apples, diced
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves for serving
- Optional: Croissants, bread, or crackers for sandwiches
- Cook the Chicken:
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat some olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook for about 6-8 minutes per side or until they are cooked through (the internal temperature should reach 165°F or 74°C).
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and let it cool. Once cooled, dice the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Prepare the Dressing:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt (or sour cream), lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Adjust the seasoning to your taste.
- Combine Ingredients:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the diced chicken, chopped celery, red onion, grapes, diced apples, and toasted walnuts.
- Add the Dressing:
- Pour the dressing over the chicken and salad ingredients.
- Mix and Chill:
- Gently toss everything together until well coated with the dressing.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least an hour to let the flavors meld.
- When ready to serve, line a platter or individual plates with lettuce leaves.
- Spoon the chicken salad onto the lettuce leaves.
- You can also serve the chicken salad as a sandwich by filling croissants, bread, or crackers.
- Enjoy your homemade chicken salad!
This chicken salad is perfect for a light and refreshing meal. You can customize it by adding your favorite ingredients like cranberries, avocados, or different types of nuts. It’s a great option for picnics, lunches, or as a side dish at gatherings. Enjoy!