Delicious Beef Tacos: Recipes, Tips, and More
For the beef filling:
- 1 pound (450g) ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 packet (1.25 ounces or 35g) taco seasoning mix (or use homemade seasoning)
- 1/2 cup (120ml) water
- Salt and pepper to taste
For assembling the tacos:
- 8 small taco shells or soft tortillas
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Shredded cheese (cheddar or your favorite)
- Sliced jalapeños (optional)
- Sour cream
- Salsa (mild or hot, according to your preference)
- Guacamole (optional)
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Cook the Beef Filling:
- In a large skillet, heat a bit of oil over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook, breaking it apart with a spoon, until it’s browned and cooked through.
- Drain any excess fat from the skillet if necessary.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning mix over the cooked beef and stir to combine.
- Pour in the water and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook for a few minutes until the sauce thickens and coats the beef. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare the Taco Shells:
- While the beef filling is simmering, heat the taco shells or tortillas according to the package instructions. You can warm them in the oven, on a stovetop skillet, or in the microwave.
- Assemble the Tacos:
- Lay out the warm taco shells or tortillas on a clean surface.
- Spoon the beef filling into each taco shell.
- Top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, sliced jalapeños (if using), and any other toppings you like.
- Add a dollop of sour cream, a drizzle of salsa, and guacamole if desired.
- Garnish and Serve:
- Sprinkle chopped fresh cilantro over the tacos if you like.
- Serve the beef tacos with lime wedges on the side for a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- Your beef tacos are now ready to enjoy! Serve them hot and customize with your favorite toppings.