Pork Tenderloin Recipes
For the Pork:
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Glaze:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
1. Preheat your oven: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). This will ensure that your pork tenderloin cooks evenly and retains its juiciness.
2. Prepare the Pork Tenderloin:
- Start by trimming any excess fat or silver skin from the pork tenderloins.
- Season the pork generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Sear the Pork:
- Once the skillet is hot, add the pork tenderloins.
- Sear each side for 2-3 minutes, until they are golden brown.
- Remove the pork from the skillet and set it aside.
4. Prepare the Glaze:
- In a small bowl, mix together the honey, Dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, minced garlic, fresh thyme, and fresh rosemary. This mixture will create a sweet and tangy glaze for your pork.
5. Glaze the Pork:
- Brush the prepared honey Dijon glaze over the seared pork tenderloins. Ensure that the glaze is evenly distributed.
6. Finish Cooking in the Oven:
- In the same skillet you used to sear the pork, add an additional tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place the pork tenderloins back into the skillet.
- Pour 1/2 cup of chicken broth into the skillet to create a flavorful cooking liquid.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven.
7. Roast in the Oven:
- Roast the pork for 15-20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F (63°C). Use a meat thermometer to ensure accurate cooking.
8. Rest the Pork:
- Once the pork is cooked, remove it from the oven and transfer it to a cutting board.
- Tent the pork with aluminum foil and let it rest for about 5-10 minutes. This resting period allows the juices to redistribute and keeps the meat tender.
9. Slice and Serve:
- After resting, slice the pork tenderloins into medallions.
- Serve the sliced pork with the remaining honey Dijon glaze from the skillet.
10. Side Dish Recommendations: This honey Dijon glazed pork tenderloin pairs beautifully with a variety of side dishes such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a simple garden salad.
Enjoy your delicious and flavorful Honey Dijon Glazed Pork Tenderloin! The tender, juicy pork combined with the sweet and tangy glaze is sure to impress your family and friends at your next meal.