Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe for Beginners
Pizza Dough Recipe
- 2 1/4 teaspoons (1 packet) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup warm water (about 110°F or 43°C)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the warm water, sugar, and yeast. Let it sit for about 5-10 minutes, or until the mixture becomes frothy.
- Add the olive oil and salt to the yeast mixture and stir to combine.
- Gradually add the flour, one cup at a time, mixing until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for about 5-7 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover it with a clean kitchen towel, and let it rise in a warm place for 1-2 hours or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat your oven to 475°F (245°C) or as high as it will go. If you have a pizza stone, place it in the oven while it preheats.
- Punch down the dough to release any air bubbles, then divide it into two equal portions for two 12-inch pizzas. You can adjust the size according to your preference.
- Roll out each dough portion into a circle on a floured surface, making it as thin or thick as you like.
- Transfer the rolled-out dough to a pizza peel or a baking sheet dusted with cornmeal or flour to prevent sticking.
- Add your favorite pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings.
- Carefully slide the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone or place the baking sheet in the oven.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly and slightly browned.
- Remove the pizza from the oven, let it cool for a minute, slice, and enjoy your homemade pizza!
Feel free to adjust the toppings and seasonings to your liking. Enjoy your delicious homemade pizza!