spaghetti squash recipes
Spaghetti squash is a fantastic alternative to traditional pasta, offering a healthier, lower-carb option. This Roasted Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti Squash recipe is a delightful way to enjoy this versatile vegetable. With a rich, savory flavor from roasted garlic and Parmesan cheese, this dish is a satisfying and wholesome meal.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Start by preparing the spaghetti squash. Carefully cut it in half lengthwise using a sharp knife. Scoop out the seeds and the inner strings with a spoon. Brush the cut sides of the squash with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the two halves, cut side down, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast them in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes, or until the flesh becomes tender and easily shreds with a fork. The cooking time may vary depending on the size of the squash.
- While the squash is roasting, prepare the roasted garlic. Slice the top off each garlic clove, drizzle them with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and wrap them in aluminum foil. Roast the garlic in the oven alongside the squash for 20-25 minutes or until the cloves are soft and golden.
- Once the spaghetti squash is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Then, use a fork to scrape the flesh of the squash, creating “spaghetti” strands. Place the strands in a large mixing bowl.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves from their skins and mash them into a paste. Add the roasted garlic paste, grated Parmesan cheese, and chopped fresh parsley to the bowl with the spaghetti squash. Gently toss the mixture until the ingredients are well combined.
- Taste the spaghetti squash mixture and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper as needed.
- If you prefer a bit of extra crispiness, you can transfer the prepared mixture back into the empty spaghetti squash shells or into a baking dish. Sprinkle additional Parmesan cheese on top.
- Broil the spaghetti squash in the oven for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling, and the top is nicely browned. Keep a close eye on it to prevent burning.
- Once it’s out of the oven, let it cool for a minute or two before serving.
Serve this Roasted Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti Squash as a delightful side dish or a hearty main course. It’s a flavorful and healthy choice that’s sure to satisfy your pasta cravings.
Conclusion : This Roasted Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti Squash recipe offers a mouthwatering, low-carb alternative to traditional pasta. With the richness of roasted garlic and the savory kick of Parmesan cheese, it’s a dish that’s both wholesome and delicious. Try it out, and you’ll have a new favorite way to enjoy spaghetti squash!