vegetarian quiche recipe
Vegetarian Quiche Recipe
- 1 pie crust (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 cup diced bell peppers (red, green, or yellow)
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (whole or 2%)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1. Prepare the Pie Crust:
- If you’re using a store-bought pie crust, follow the package instructions for pre-baking the crust. If you’re making your own, roll out the pie dough and fit it into a greased 9-inch pie pan. Trim any excess dough.
2. Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
3. Sauté the Vegetables:
- In a skillet, heat a little oil over medium heat.
- Sauté the diced bell peppers, mushrooms, and red onion until they become tender and any liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated. This usually takes about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the chopped spinach and continue cooking until it wilts. Remove from heat and let it cool.
4. Prepare the Filling:
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, black pepper, dried thyme, and dried oregano.
5. Assemble the Quiche:
- Spread the sautéed vegetables evenly over the pre-baked pie crust.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on top of the vegetables.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cheese.
- Place the quiche in the preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the quiche is set and the top is lightly golden.
7. Cool and Serve:
- Allow the quiche to cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. You can serve it warm or at room temperature.
- Slice and serve your delicious vegetarian quiche as a perfect brunch or dinner option.
Feel free to customize this recipe with your favorite vegetables or herbs to suit your taste. It’s a versatile dish that can be enjoyed by vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike.