Savory Apple Cider Pork Best 1 Chops Recipe
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Season the Pork Chops:
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Sear the Pork Chops:
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the pork chops and sear for about 3-4 minutes on each side until they are nicely browned.
- Remove the pork chops from the skillet and set them aside.
- Saute the Onion and Garlic:
- In the same skillet, add the chopped onion and minced garlic.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes until they become fragrant and translucent.
- Deglaze the Pan:
- Pour in the apple cider and chicken broth, using a spatula to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for 5 minutes to reduce and concentrate the flavors.
- Add the Apples and Thyme:
- Stir in the sliced apples and dried thyme.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes until the apples begin to soften.
- Return Pork Chops to the Skillet:
- Place the seared pork chops back into the skillet, nestling them among the apples and onions.
- Cover the skillet and reduce the heat to low.
- Allow the pork chops to simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C).
- Finish with Butter:
- Uncover the skillet and stir in the butter to create a luscious sauce.
- Serve the pork chops with the apple and onion mixture, spooning some of the cider sauce over the top.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley if desired.
Enjoy your delicious Apple Cider Pork Chops! They pair well with mashed potatoes, rice, or steamed vegetables.