The Mushroom recipe for dinner
- 4 bell pepper bell pepper
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion onion diced
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 8 ounce mushroom sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 0.5 teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 0.25 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- bunch fresh parsley
These Mushroom Stuffed Peppers are a delicious and satisfying vegetarian dish with a twist. The peppers are filled with a flavorful mushroom and quinoa stuffing, creating a hearty and healthy meal. Serve them with a fresh and zesty quinoa salad for a complete low carb
9 stepsReady in about 40 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes. Place the peppers in a baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked and the liquid is absorbed.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add the mushrooms, dried thyme, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook until the mushrooms are browned and any liquid has evaporated.
- Remove the skillet from heat and stir in the cooked quinoa and Parmesan cheese. Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed.
- Fill each bell pepper with the mushroom quinoa mixture and place the pepper tops back on.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
- Serve the stuffed peppers with a side of quinoa salad, garnished with fresh parsley.